Abandoned rail bed follows wooded path to the village of Sodus Point and the abandoned round house. Access to Sodus Point Business area at north end of trail.
The Sodus Point line was built by the Sodus Point & Southern Railroad, which was chartered in 1852 but not opened until 1872. In 1875 ut was reorganized as the Ontario Southern, and seven years later as the Sodus Bay & Southern. In 1884 it was sold to the Northern Central Railroad (Pennsylvania RR). The Webster line was built by the Lake Ontario Shore Railroad, which was chartered in 1858. That line was sold to the Rome, Watertown & Ogdensburg in 1875, and the following year it became part of a through route from Lewiston, near Niagara Falls, to Oswego. RW&O became part of the New York Central and this line earned the nickname “The Hojack Line”. OMID service started October 1, 1979. Most of the Hojack was abandoned west of Webster by Conrail in 1979.
LOCATION: intersection of N. Geneva Rd. and Ridge Rd., Wallington (Sodus)
LENGTH OF TRAIL: 3 miles linear
PASSPORT MARKER: north of Glover Rd.; however, the post is missing its marker